Here’s the list of all Magento commerce extensions you need to optimize order management in your store!
Order management is a vital admin’s work. It directly affects customer satisfaction and store profitability.
However, administrating orders is a very challenging task. The more customers you have, the more data you have to process. And if you only count on the basic functions of Magento, it will slow you down.
Thus, Magento order management extensions are indispensable to building a cost-effective order workflow.
So we’ve decided to write this article to introduce you to 7+ must-have Magento commerce extensions that provide your store with so many advanced functions that are lacking on the default Magento 2.
Let’s get started!
Why Do You Need Magento Order Management Extensions?
To any business, of course, it is always a good sign when there are more and more orders placed and completed. But at the same time, it can be a real challenge for the admin to manage a large amount of data effectively.
How to keep everything on track strictly? How to follow different order statuses? How to identify and separate actual orders with testing orders?
Without a helping tool, getting numerous orders will soon turn into a business disaster where everything is a big mess and customers keep being disappointed.
That’s why you need Magento commerce extensions that can help to process your orders faster and more efficiently.
And as flexible as the Magento platform is, there are so many powerful tools to let store owners manage their orders well. But in this blog, we will only show you 7+ most indispensable ones. Those are:
7+ Must-Have Magento Commerce Extensions To Optimize Order Management
We have listed out 7+ must-have Magento commerce extensions for order management extensions, including their benefits, highlight features, and price.
We want to mention this module at number one because it’s definitely one of the most important Magento commerce extensions.
Magento 2 Checkout Custom Field is an amazing tool to improve the checkout experience in your store.
You might or might not notice this, but the default checkout page is not informative enough. There is so much order essential information that can not be collected because of the lack of a checkout field, like special notes for custom products or for shipping.
With this extension, the admin can add as many custom checkout fields of any input type as needed for order fulfillment.
- Add any number of Magento 2 custom fields to checkout
- Use those fields as Magento 2 order attributes to improve management
- Show custom fields in Order grid & on Order Detail page
- Add Magento 2 order custom attributes to transaction emails and documents
- Get values of the created attributes via API
Clearly, doing everything manual is not ideal at all in large-scale businesses. Just imagine creating invoices and shipments one by one whenever an order is placed. It’s so time-consuming.
That’s why you need this extension to automatically generate invoices and shipments for orders after customers finish their payments.
It also sends emails of invoices or delivery to customers completely automatically.
With Magento 2 Auto Invoice, the admin does not have to create invoices and shipments manually as before, which can save a lot of time.
- Automatically generate Magento 2 invoice/shipment based on payment methods
- Automatically send invoice/shipment emails to customers
- Apply automatic invoice and shipment for multiple payment methods
- Add PDF File To Shipment Email
This module allows the admin to change the order number, invoice number, shipment and credit memo number.
Magento 2 Custom Order Number will bring you the best convenience of order management and data security.
First of all, with this extension, you can create the right order number format to reduce the paper workload.
And second of all, you can set up the invoice number with high sales volumes to impress customers and to protect real sales data from competitors.
- Allow creating a unique format for order numbers
- Enable setting number start, increments, and number padding for order number
- Reset counter manually or configure to reset daily, weekly, monthly, yearly automatically
- Also can change the invoice, shipment, and credit memo number
- Support multiple store views
This extension will put your worries about canceling orders aside.
By default, the admin of the Magento store has to cancel pending or spam orders manually. It’s very time-consuming work.
But Auto Cancel Order is here to help. It will automatically cancel all pending orders after an amount of time set by the admin. And even better, it also automatically restocks the product of the canceled order.
- Automatically cancel pending and spam orders after a period of time
- Allow the admin to set cancellation time for each payment method or all payment methods at once
- Automatically restock product of the canceled order
Magento 2 Order Delivery Date allows customers to choose delivery dates and times to receive orders at their convenience.
A poor delivery experience is proven to cost your business losing customers. And delivery time is the most annoying and frequent issue.
But with the help of this extension, you can put your customers in control and let them choose the best delivery time. It will enhance the shopping experience, and your customers will love you for it.
- Allow customers to pick up the expected delivery date and time on the checkout
- Enable customer to send additional information/note
- Allow the admin to exclude specific day/time from the delivery date based on the availability
- Enable edit and add order delivery date to related documents (orders, invoices, email, etc.)
- Support API order attributes
This extension allows creating an admin shipping method to generate free shipping orders.
The admin shipping method will be invisible to frontend users. Only backend admins can assign this shipping method to orders in the backend. This module is the solution to help you deal with orders that require a special shipping method.
Magento 2 Admin Shipping Method also automatically creates invoices and shipments once orders are placed.
- Enable creating orders in the backend to assign Admin Shipping Method
- The shipping method is validated for backend users only
- Set applicable countries (all or optional)
- Auto-create invoices and shipments to orders
- Enable Pre-select
This extension allows the admin to create payment methods validated only in the backend.
Sometimes, store owners want a payment method that you could assign in the backend. For instance, when customers want to pay money transfer or in-person cash. And this module is the solution for you.
Magento 2 Admin Payment Method also supports auto-creating invoices and shipment once orders are placed.
- Enable creating order in the backend using the Admin Payment Method
- Automatically create Invoice and Shipment after the order is placed
- Pre-select when admin creates orders
- Set applicable countries for the admin payment method
This Magento commerce extension will help store owners avoid a messy order list in the backend.
Default Magento allows the admin to cancel or hold/unhold orders. But sadly, it doesn’t support deleting orders. Thus, it causes a problem that real orders (with values) from customers are mixed among the junk in the order lists.
When the list lengthens to thousand orders, it will be very confusing to look at and badly affect your analysis results.
Using Magento 2 Delete Order, you can easily delete unwanted orders, along with all related data like shipments and credit memos in the system.
- Enable delete multiple orders at once, all related orders data (invoices, shipments, credit memos) are also automatically removed
- Remove redundant invoices, shipments and credit memos
- Update Order status once Invoice/Shipment/Credit Memos is deleted
- Easy to use in the backend
Above are 7+ must-have Magento commerce extensions for order management to help you take advantage and power up your order management.
Of course, to fully optimize your store, there are still so many other aspects you need to enhance, like SEO or sales motivation. And luckily, we – the BSS team – have every solution you need.
Being named as Bronze Solution Partner of Adobe for our work dedicated to the Magento community, we provide a wide range of extensions to help store owner’s business life easier than ever.
BROWSE NOW 140+ free and premium Magento Applications from BSS Commerce to extend the functionality of your online store!
We hope this article is helpful and good luck to you!
BSS Commerce is one of the leading Magento extension providers and web development services in the world. With experienced and certified Magento developers, we commit to bringing high-quality products and services to optimize your business effectively. Furthermore, we offer FREE Installation – FREE 1-year Support and FREE Lifetime Update for every Magento extension.
CONTACT NOW to let us know your problems. We are willing to support you every time.